Saturday, July 17, 2010

Captured Hearts,Chapter 4

Chapter 4

AUBREE

I stared at him beside me at the dinner table. Abby had informed me that there was something odd about the new students while I was in my room trying out the new garb I had purchased. They did not look too odd to me, but then I was not the detective that she was. They both had strange accents but that was not too abnormal.

Dinner ended and as we put our plates into the dishwasher, Jillian asked for quiet.
“Victoria Stillwell is on tonight, who wants to watch it?”

There was a collective groan from the room and only one or two cheers. “Hasty escape time,” whispered Abby and we all filed out the door. I winked at autumn and she nodded back.

The evening was cool and refreshing. Eragon pointed at one of the school’s form of amusements and asked, “What is that?”

I gave him a funny look and thought ‘note to self, Abby was right.’

“That, my friend, is a tire swing. You sit on it and people push you. It is a lot of fun.”

“Can I try?” he asked mockingly.

I gave my most evil smile. “Sure, if you’re not scared.”

“Aubree, I don’t know if this is such a good idea…” Abby trailed off as she realized my plan.

Eragon hoisted himself onto the tire swing, sitting the wrong way.

“You’re not supposed to sit on it like that.” I commented.

“Just get on with it.” He growled.

“It’s your funeral, or should I say, your manhood’s funeral.”

He hastily changed his seat to a more comfortable one.
I grabbed the chains and started to spin him around me, then I pulled on one particular chain and then let go. I moved as fast as I could to get out of the way. I heard a whoop behind me as I tripped and landed face first in the grass. I pushed myself up on my elbows and looked to see Arya staring worriedly at me.

“Are you all right?” Eragon called from the spinning tire swing.

“She’s fine, she trips all the time, and she is one of the most klutz’s people I know.” Abby yelled to Eragon.

“Thanks Abby,” I muttered.

As I got up from the ground, Autumn’s voice floated from the cottage.

“Abby, come do your laundry and bring Arya with you, so you can show her how it’s done.”

“Well, you heard her, let’s go inside, and see you guys later.” Abby groaned.

That’s when I saw Desi making a daisy crown in the grass. “Hey, so that’s where you ran off to, cool crown. Oh, and by the way Eragon, this is Desi. She is one of my friends along with Abby.”

“Yes, I saw her earlier, sitting at our table. Nice to meet you.”

Then, I heard a voice calling from the sidewalk. “Hey, is that you guys over there?”

I knew without having to look who the voice belonged to. It was the voice of one of the most perverted boys on campus, Israel Gonzalez. I was about to rush Eragon away, but it was too late. He was already headed our way. Even though Izzie was one of my many friends I was dubious about how Eragon would react to the kinds of jokes he cracked. Eragon looked like one of those well brought up boys who never really encountered the ways of the perverted world of teenage guys.

“Hey! What’s crackin down here in psycho-ville?” He inquired with a sardonic smile. I fought the impulse to punch him in the arm. I held back because I knew that it wouldn’t make any difference. I then proceeded to introduce Eragon to Izzie.

“Nothing much. Hey Izzie, meet Eragon. He’s just fresh out of the real world and he brought a friend. her name is Arya. Sorry though, she and Abby had to do their laundry.”

“Oh, that’s okay; I’ll do her laundry any day.” Izzie pronounced this with a grin that had way to much pleasure written across it to be clean minded. I could not stop a fist from connecting with his arm and made it as hard as possible. His jokes were funny in a sick and sadistic way that showed he spent way too much time with his head in the gutter. Boys will be boys no matter if they’re sighted or so blind that they could barely see the nose in front of their face.

“Now Izzie, you are gonna have to explain that one to Dezi, cause you guys are sorta dating. And plus who’s laundry are you going to do exactly?” I decided that I did not want that question answered and hastily made my escape plan.

“Well, anyway, I need to go. I have my sanity to keep and you and Dezi need a little alone time to reconstruct the little mess you just made. Besides, Eragon needs a real tour of the campus not some hoity toity staff thing, if you catch my meanin.”

“Oh, Great, thanks a whole darn much, Aubree. Now he is going to go on and on with fantasies about us alone.” Dezi said this with false anger. She never got angry with Izzie or if she did, it was for a good reason.

I took Eragon’s hand and led him away. I knew by the end of this week he would not be the same person, or at least he wouldn’t be so ignorant about the perverted world that most of the school lived in. I at least did my best to try to keep a handle on my thoughts and actions. I was not someone to give my heart up easily. I had learned my lesson long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment