Friday, July 2, 2010

Captured Hearts, Chapter One

Captured Hearts

By Abbyforth

With help from

Azuru99 and Dark Phionix

Chapter 1

ABBY

"Today class," said Mrs. Tate, "I have a few announcements before you start your blogs.”


"Oh my!" said Li Qin (AKA Rebecca) loudly.

"Let her talk!" Andy mumbled.


"Thank you Andy." said Mrs. Tate pretending she hadn’t been interrupted. "We are going to have a new member in class."


"Who?" asked Jillian. I knew she would already be thinking of ways she could "befriend" the new student. Then I realized we didn't even know the gender of the student.


"His name is Eragon." Oh great. I could see it now, Jillian trying to hit on Eragon. My musings were interrupted by the door opening. The voice of Mrs. Mowry said "This is your English class."

She turned to us and said, "Guys, this is Eragon. He is new here so please make him welcome.”


"Hey Eragon!" said Rebecca enthusiastically. When he spoke, it was with a strange accent that I couldn't place.


"Thank you." Those two words bounced around the room in the silence that followed.


"The rest of the period we will introduce ourselves and talk." said Mrs. Tate.


"Yay!” Rebecca cheered. We went around the room starting with Jillian.


"Hey, I'm Jillian Quigley and I live in Seattle. I love animals and Victoria Stillwell is my idle!" she said happily.


"Don't worry," I cut in swiftly before she got going, "you don't have to know who Victoria Stillwell is. She makes us watch it in the cottage." I tried to sound reassuring. Andy went next.


"Hey, what’s up? I'm Andy and I want to be a rapper." he mumbled. So far Eragon had said not a word. Rebecca went next.


"Hey, I'm Rebecca or Li Qin, I'm from China. I like listening to music and playing in band!" Still no response. What was up with this guy? I seriously hoped Tyler could get a response out of him and I was glad he was the next to go.


"Hey, I'm Tyler. I'm the Student Council President so don't hesitate to ask me any questions.”


"Thank you Tyler, I will most likely seek you out for any questions we may have." He finally said smoothly. What was up with the way he spoke? It was like he was from another time or something. I shrugged it off as it was at last, my turn.


"Hey, I'm Abby. I like reading and writing and listening to music. I live in Chapman Cottage so if you have any questions about the campus, you can come to me.”


"Thank you. I will pass what you said along to my companion." He spoke carefully as if he didn't want to give too much away. I vowed right then and there I would get to the bottom of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment